Our Earth is rich in natural diversity, both geological and biological, though there is much we do not know about how this diversity arose, persists and changes over time.
In our research we investigate some of these questions: How did different organisms, rocks and minerals form? How many species are there? How did extinct species live? How will earth's biodiversity adapt to climate change? Can we find innovative and sustainable ways to use our natural resources?
- Evolution and Paleobiology (EPA)
- Sex and Evolution Research Group (SERG)
- Evolution, eDNA, Genomics, and Ethnobotany (EDGE)
- Integrative Systematics of Plants and Fungi (ISOP)
- Frontiers in Evolutionary Zoology (FEZ)
- Entomology Research Group (ENTO)
- Geo-Ecology Research Group (GEco)
- Norwegian Center for Mineralogy (NORMIN)
- Norwegian Center for Paleontology (NORPAL)
Groups with museum participation