- Vegetation- and nature type mapping, biogeography, land cover statistics
- Tree- and forest line dynamics
- Distribution modelling, GIS and Citizen science
- Vegetation-atmosphere interactions and dynamic vegetation models
- Landscape ecology, landscape development and nature management
- Rangeland grazing, cultural history and nature based tourism
- Ecological climatology (GEO9915; UiO)
- Distribution modelling (BIO4115; UiO)
- Greenhouse gases from agriculture (SEVU; NMBU)
- Norwegian nature (BIOS5211; UiO)
- Botanical biodiversity (BIOS2200; UiO)
- Biodiversity (BIOS1150; UiO)
- Physical Geography (GEO1100; UiO)
- Tourism as Phenomenon and Industry (REIS200; NMBU)
- Cultural landscapes and history (NAK111; INN)
- Environment, climate and technology (6JB100; INN)
Awarded as best lecturer at Department for Biosciences 2016 – The Golden Pointer.
Awarded the "Brainpower Prize" 2019 by The Norwegian Association of Researchers
Education and employment history
- Ph.D. in Physical Geography (Geoscience), University of Bergen
- Cand. scient in Vegetation Ecology (Bioscience), University of Oslo
- 2013 - ongoing: Part-time Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy Research
- 2000 - 2013: Full-time at Norwegian Forest and Landscape Institute
- 2004 – 2011: Part-time at Hedmark University College
- 1995 – 2000: Part-time at Physical Geography at UiO
- Strategic long-term co-operation with Geosciences (UiO) on vegetation-atmosphere interactions, and with the Norwegian Biodiversity Information Centre on Nature in Norway (NiN).
- University of Bergen, Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy Research, Norwegian Centre for Rural Research, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences, The Norwegian Institute for Water Research and The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research.
- Stockholm University, University of Copenhagen, University of Turku, and Icelandic Institute of Natural History, National Center of Atmospheric Research (US), University of Sheffield, University of Helsinki.