Plant systematics: use of genetic and genomic markers in species identification and delimitation and for phylogenetic and phylogeographic inferences. Applications of the high-throughput screening approaches of DNA sequence variation (DNA metabarcoding) for species identification and biodiversity assessments in both modern and paleo systems. Taxonomy of Euphrasia species (Orobanchaceae). Euphrasia as a model group to address coalescent-based species delimitation, molecular dating, hybridization and polyploidization.
- PhD in Botany (2000), St Petersburg State University
- MSc in Pollution and Environmental Control (1993), The University of Manchester
- MSc in Biology and Botany (1989), St Petersburg State University
Teaching and tutoring
Teaching at UiO:
Biogeography course BIO BIO4230/9230. Lectures and Computer lab on Phylogeography: Data analysis tools. Introduction to phylogeographic diffusion modelling with BEAST software. (MSc/PhD course).
Teaching at St Petersburg State University:
- Introduction to Phylogenetics (MSc course);
- Data analysis and Experimental Planning (MSc course)
- Multivariate Data Analyses for Botanical Research (BSc course)