The museum shop
In the museum shop inside the entrance building you will find a wide variety of books, toys, tools, equipment, gifts and souvenirs.
We want to provide products that are not only for entertainment, but that also serve a purpose, educate or arouse your curiosity.
This is why our popular dinosaur- and animal models are reproduced as faithfully as possible, and this is also the reason you will not find pink toy elephants in our shelves. Perhaps you'd like a prehistoric stuffed animal or a fluffy tarantula instead?
Nothing tickles the imagination like the real thing, and we offer both genuine fossils and beautiful rocks and minerals at a reasonable price. You will find a variety of books about our amazing world for everyone - grandma, the science enthusiast, the teenager, the school child and the toddler. If you are interested in plants and botany, why not take home some seeds, leeks or plants? Since our shop is located in the Botanical garden, we try to reflect the seasonal variations within it. For this reason we sell seeds when it is time to sow; and perennials, summer flowers, leeks and herbs when its time to plant. Sturdy tools and other equipment for your garden is available throughout the year whenever you need it, and also make wonderful gifts for the garden enthusiast.
Products you will find in our shop are:
- Posters, illustrations, pictures and frames
- Garden equipment, accessories and tools
- Kitchen equipment, table cloths, aprons etc.
- Pendants and jewelry
- Rocks and minerals
- Objects from the museum's offices and labs
- Toys and models
...and much more.
We do not yet have a web shop, so take the opportunity when you are stopping by the Natural History Museum to see what we have in stock.
The museum shop is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11-16 (11 a.m to 4 p.m)
The museum shop uses a long range of suppliers - here is a small selection:
- Friends of the Geological museum – Norwegian minerals and rocks
- Friends of the Paleontological Museum (Palvenn) – Norwegian and foreign fossils
- B. Strømnæs – foreign minerals.
- Papo – Créateur de figurines – dinosaur- and animal models.
- Safari Ltd – dinosaur models
- Hansa Toys – exclusive hand-made stuffed animals
- Wild Republic – stuffed animals
- L.A. Larsen as – Norwegian-produced puzzles
- A wide variety of books, both in Norwegian and English.
Questions? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (+47) 22 85 17 68 (during opening hours)
Books by museum employees
You wll also find books written by museum employees (in Norwegian, English and other languages):
Exclusive pictures of endangered insects, printed on quality paper.
Unique pendants in epoxy with silver details and -necklaces, featuring endangered insects. Only for sale in the museum shop.