Access, maps and practical information
Maps and visiting address
Sars gate 1
Access by public transport
- Metro (T-bane) "Tøyen station" (all lines)
- Trami no. 17 to "Lakkegata skole"
- Bus no. 20 to "Tøyenparken"
- Bus no. 31 to "Lakkegata skole"
- Bus no. 60 to "Tøyen kirke" or "Tøyen skole"
Car access and delivery
- Driving in the Botanical garden is prohibited, with the exception of deliveries and for persons with disabilities with valid parking certification. The vehicle entrance is in Sars gate
- Parking between the Munch museum and the Botanical Garden, entry from Monrads gate. Note that during major events it may be difficult to find parking. Parking for tour buses are also available See map (external link: Google Maps).
- Parking for HC, UiO staff, students, guests, contractors, service companies etc.
Strollers are normally allowed inside the geological and zoological exhibitions of Colletts hus (Zoological museum). However, on especially busy days we kindly ask you to park the stroller outside the museum store. Please note that the end of the "Norwegian hall" exhibition is only connected to the second floor by stairs. If you would like to bring the stroller up to the exhibitions on the second floor, you therefore need to either go back down to the first floor and take the elevator or bring the stroller up the stairs. A limited number of parking spots for strollers can be found next to the wardrobe on the first floor (to the right of the stairs, looking from below).
- Colletts hus (Zoological museum): Access for wheelchairs in the geological and zoological exhibitions. There is a handicap toilet on the first floor. Please note that in order to access the exhibitions on the second floor you will have to use the elevator from the foyer of the first floor.
- Botanical garden: In most areas of the garden you can move around with a wheelchair. However, please aware that certain parts of the garden have steep and narrow roads.
- Green houses (Palmehuset and Victoriahuset): Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Exhibition in Tøyen hovedgård: Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Bicycling is not allowed in the Botanical garden
- Dogs are allowed in the Botanical garden. They must be kept on a short leash and are not allowed in the flower beds.
- The owners are responsible for picking up their dogs excrements.
- Dogs are not allowed inside the museum buildings, with the exception of guide dogs.