I am an economic geologist with a Ph.D. degree in mineralogy and geochemistry of ore deposits. I have been working on hydrothermal, magmatic, and metamorphic mineralization related to critical metals (Au, Cu, Bi, Te, PGE, Cr) and green-tech industrial minerals (high-purity quartz) in a variety of geodynamic settings.
- Since 2020 Postdoctoral Fellow, Natural History Museum, University of Oslo
- 2018–2020 Postdoctoral Fellow, German Research Center for Geosciences (GFZ)
- 2013–2018 Ph.D., Sun Yat-sen University
- 2009–2013 B.Sc., Sun Yat-sen University
- National Li Siguang Award for Outstanding Graduates
- National Scholarship for Graduates
- Society of Economic Geologist (SEG)
- The Mineralogical Society of America (MSA)
1. Zhou, HY, Müller, A, Augland, LE, Kristoffersen, M, and Erambert, M, 2022, Titanite links rare-element (meta-)pegmatite mineralization to Caledonian metamorphism. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 332C: 285–306.
2. Zhou, HY, Trumbull, RB, Veksler, IV, Bindeman, I, Glodny, J, Kaufmann, FED, and Rammlmair, D, 2021, Contamination of the Bushveld Complex (South Africa) magmas by basinal brines: Stable isotopes in phlogopite from the UG2 chromitite. Geology, 49: 1272–1276.
3. Zhou, HY, Wirth, R, Gleeson, SA, Schreiber, A, and Mayanna, S, 2021, Three-dimensional and microstructural fingerprinting of gold nanoparticles at fluid-mineral interfaces. American Mineralogist, 106: 97–104.
4. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, Liao, JL, Fu, Y, Li, D, Pete, H, Liu, Y, Lin, H, Lin, ZY, 2017. Hematite U- Pb geochronometer: Insights from monazite and hematite integrated chronology of the Yaoan gold deposit, southwest China. Economic Geology, 112: 2023–2039.
5. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Cook, NJ, Lin, H, Fu, Y, Zhong, RC, Brugger, J, 2017. Nano- to micron-scale particulate gold hosted by magnetite: A product of gold scavenging by bismuth melts. Economic Geology, 112: 993–1010.
6. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, and Huang, Q, 2019, Timing of skarn gold deposition in the giant Beiya polymetallic gold deposit, southwest China: Constraints from in situ monazite SIMS U-Th-Pb geochronology. Ore Geology Reviews, 106: 226–237.
7. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, Yang, TJ, Li, DS, Ren, YZ, Liu, QF, Zhu, KJ, Yu, HJ, 2018. Mineralogy of Bi-sulfosalts and tellurides from the Yaoan gold deposit, southwest China: Metallogenic implications. Ore Geology Reviews, 98: 126–140.
8. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Fu, Y, Lin, H, Jiang, LY, 2016, Mineralogy and mineral chemistry of Bi-minerals: Constraints on ore genesis of the Beiya giant porphyry-skarn gold deposit, southwestern China. Ore Geology Reviews, 79: 408–424.
9. Müller, A, Romer, RL, Augland, LE, Zhou, HY, Rosing-Schow, N, Spratt, J, and Husdal, T, 2022, Two-stage regional rare-element pegmatite formation at Tysfjord, Norway: Implications for the timing of late Svecofennian and late Caledonian high-temperature events. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 111: 987–1007.
10. Yang, T, Sun, XM, Shi, GY, Li, DS, Zhou, HY, 2019. The genetic linkage between the Yuanjiang marble-hosted ruby deposit and Cenozoic tectonic evolution of the Ailao Shan-Red River shear zone (Southwest China). Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 177: 38–47.
11. Wu, ZW, Sun, XM, Xu, HF, Konishi, H, Wang, Y, Lu, Y, Cao, KJ, Wang, C, Zhou, HY, 2018. Microstructural characterization and in-situ sulfur isotopic analysis of silver-bearing sphalerite from the Edmond hydrothermal field, Central Indian Ridge. Ore Geology Reviews, 92: 318–347.
12. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Zhou, HY, Lin, H, Jiang, LY, Yang, TJ, 2017. In-situ LA-ICP-MS trace elements analysis of scheelites from the giant Beiya gold–polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China and its metallogenic implications. Ore Geology Reviews, 80: 828–837.
13. Lin, ZY, Sun, XM, Peckmann, J, Lu, Y, Xu, L, Strauss, H, Zhou, HY, Gong, JL, Lu, HF, Teicher, BMA, 2016. How sulfate-driven anaerobic oxidation of methane affects the sulfur isotopic composition of pyrite: A SIMS study from the South China Sea. Chemical Geology, 440: 26–41.
14. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Zhou, HY, Lin, H, Yang, TJ, 2016. In-situ LA-ICP-MS U-Pb geochronology and trace elements analysis of polygenetic titanite from the giant Beiya gold-polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China. Ore Geology Reviews, 77: 43–56.
15. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Lin, H, Zhou, HY, Li, X, Ouyang, XQ, Jiang, LY, Shi, GY, Liang, YH, 2015. Geochronology of the giant Beiya gold-polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China and its relationship with the petrogenesis of alkaline porphyry. Ore Geology Reviews, 71: 138–149.