- Fluid-mineral interaction
- Bi-Te mineralogy in gold deposits
- Pegmatite-type high-purity quartz deposits
- Magmatic PGE and porphyry-skarn Au-Cu systems
- Geochronology of ore deposits (e.g., hematite, monazite)
- Since 2020 Postdoctoral Fellow, Natural History Museum, University of Oslo
- 2018–2020 Postdoctoral Fellow, German Research Center for Geosciences (GFZ)
- 2013–2018 Ph.D., Sun Yat-sen University
- 2009–2013 B.Sc., Sun Yat-sen University
- National Li Siguang Award for Outstanding Graduates
- National Scholarship for Graduates
- Society of Economic Geologist (SEG)
- The Mineralogical Society of America (MSA)
1. Zhou, HY, Trumbull, RB, Veksler, IV, Bindeman, I, Glodny, J, Kaufmann, FED, and Rammlmair, D, 2021, Contamination of the Bushveld Complex (South Africa) magmas by basinal brines: Stable isotopes in phlogopite from the UG2 chromitite. Geology, https://doi.org/10.1130/G49173.1.
2. Zhou, HY, Wirth, R, Gleeson, SA, Schreiber, A, and Mayanna, S, 2021, Three-dimensional and microstructural fingerprinting of gold nanoparticles at fluid-mineral interfaces. American Mineralogist, 106: 97–104.
3. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, and Huang, Q, 2019, Timing of skarn gold deposition in the giant Beiya polymetallic gold deposit, southwest China: Constraints from in situ monazite SIMS U-Th-Pb geochronology. Ore Geology Reviews, 106: 226–237.
4. Yang, T, Sun, XM, Shi, GY, Li, DS, Zhou, HY, 2019. The genetic linkage between the Yuanjiang marble-hosted ruby deposit and Cenozoic tectonic evolution of the Ailao Shan-Red River shear zone (Southwest China). Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 177: 38–47.
5. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, Yang, TJ, Li, DS, Ren, YZ, Liu, QF, Zhu, KJ, Yu, HJ, 2018. Mineralogy of Bi-sulfosalts and tellurides from the Yaoan gold deposit, southwest China: Metallogenic implications. Ore Geology Reviews, 98: 126–140.
6. Wu, ZW, Sun, XM, Xu, HF, Konishi, H, Wang, Y, Lu, Y, Cao, KJ, Wang, C, Zhou, HY, 2018. Microstructural characterization and in-situ sulfur isotopic analysis of silver-bearing sphalerite from the Edmond hydrothermal field, Central Indian Ridge. Ore Geology Reviews, 92: 318–347.
7. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Wu, ZW, Liao, JL, Fu, Y, Li, D, Pete, H, Liu, Y, Lin, H, Lin, ZY, 2017. Hematite U- Pb geochronometer: Insights from monazite and hematite integrated chronology of the Yaoan gold deposit, southwest China. Economic Geology, 112: 2023–2039.
8. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Cook, NJ, Lin, H, Fu, Y, Zhong, RC, Brugger, J, 2017. Nano- to micron-scale particulate gold hosted by magnetite: A product of gold scavenging by bismuth melts. Economic Geology, 112: 993–1010.
9. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Zhou, HY, Lin, H, Jiang, LY, Yang, TJ, 2017. In-situ LA-ICP-MS trace elements analysis of scheelites from the giant Beiya gold–polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China and its metallogenic implications. Ore Geology Reviews, 80: 828–837.
10. Zhou, HY, Sun, XM, Fu, Y, Lin, H, Jiang, LY, 2016, Mineralogy and mineral chemistry of Bi-minerals: Constraints on ore genesis of the Beiya giant porphyry-skarn gold deposit, southwestern China. Ore Geology Reviews, 79: 408–424.
11. Lin, ZY, Sun, XM, Peckmann, J, Lu, Y, Xu, L, Strauss, H, Zhou, HY, Gong, JL, Lu, HF, Teicher, BMA, 2016. How sulfate-driven anaerobic oxidation of methane affects the sulfur isotopic composition of pyrite: A SIMS study from the South China Sea. Chemical Geology, 440: 26–41.
12. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Zhou, HY, Lin, H, Yang, TJ, 2016. In-situ LA-ICP-MS U-Pb geochronology and trace elements analysis of polygenetic titanite from the giant Beiya gold-polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China. Ore Geology Reviews, 77: 43–56.
13. Fu, Y, Sun, XM, Lin, H, Zhou, HY, Li, X, Ouyang, XQ, Jiang, LY, Shi, GY, Liang, YH, 2015. Geochronology of the giant Beiya gold-polymetallic deposit in Yunnan Province, Southwest China and its relationship with the petrogenesis of alkaline porphyry. Ore Geology Reviews, 71: 138–149.