- Cand. Polit. Human Geography, University of Oslo, 2001
- Project coordinator in Brazil, the Norwegian Solidarity Committee for Latin America (LAG), 2002-2003
- Project coordinator / adviser Amazon region, Rainforest Foundation Norway (RFN), 2005-2011
- Author and lecturer. Themes: Brazil, the Amazon region, indigenous peoples and the environment
Fields of competence
- Biodiversity, climate change and deforestation in the Amazon
- The geography, politics, economy and modern history of Brazil
- Brazilian environmental and developmental policies
- Climate change, REDD+ and the Brazilian Amazon Fund
- Indigenous peoples’ rights
- Human rights
- Brazil – The Giant Awakens. Non-fiction, documentary book about the transformations in Brazilian society in the 2000’s. Published in Norwegian by Aschehoug, spring 2014.
- Human rights and resource conflicts in the Amazon. Report commissioned by Rainforest Foundation Norway (RFN), fall 2013. Published in English spring 2014.
- Brazil (in Norwegian only). Chapters about the country in the biannual Latin America yearbook 2012, 2010, 2006, 2002 and 2000. Published by the Norwegian Solidarity Committee for Latin America (LAG).
- Brazilian Imperialism in the Amazon? (in Norwegian only) Paper about the Brazilian economic and political expansion in the South America, published in the Norwegian journal Internasjonal Politikk 2/2011.
- A new political force in Brazil? Analysis about the Brazilian environmental movement, Marina Silva and the 2010 presidential elections.
- 250+ posts about Brazil and the Amazon on the blog BrasiLeira
Published Jan. 13, 2014 10:48 AM
- Last modified Apr. 3, 2019 1:52 PM