Welcome to the Natural History Museum
The museum is open with ordinary hours for the public. Providing a pleasant and safe experience for visitors at the museum, as well as our employees, is a priority for us, and we complying the regulations issued by the Norwegian health authorities in order to prevent contamination risk. Read more about the measures for a safe museum visit.
Measures for a safe visit
- Use of face masks is mandatory in the indoor exhibitions when 1 meter distance cannot be maintained. It is therefore important that all visitors have a face mask available during their visit. Children under the age of 12 year and people that for medical reasons cannot wear a face mask are exempt from this requirement.
- Visitors must at all times keep at least 1 meter distance from other people.
- Hand sanitizer is available at several locations at the museum. Please use them when encountered.
- The wardrobes are closed. We encourage you to bring only small bags.
- Persons arriving in groups should maintain gathered throughout their visit.
- Visitors bringing small children are advised to use baby carriers if possible.
- We prefer the use of contactless payment in the museum store.
- We have reduced the number people that can visit the zoological and geological exhibitions simultaneously. This also applies for the museum store.
- We have removed several points of contact in the museum.
- The interactive parts of the The Climate House exhibitions are frequently cleaned.