Re-opening of the museum
The Natural History Museum is now open again to the public. Providing a pleasant and safe experience for visitors at the museum, as well as our employees, is a priority for us, and we complying the regulations issued by the Norwegian health authorities in order to prevent contamination risk. Read more about the measures for a safe museum visit.
We are pleased to welcome visitors again after having been closed for nine weeks, and will make accommodations to ensure a safe visit for the public and our employees.
Measures for a safe visit:
- We have reduced the number people that can visit the zoological and geological exhibitions simultaneously. This also applies for the museum store.
- Visitors must at all times keep at least 1 meter distance from other people.
- The wardrobes are closed. We encourage you to bring only small bags.
- Persons arriving in groups should maintain gathered throughout their visit.
- Visitors bringing small children are advised to use baby carriers if possible.
- Hand sanitizer is available at several locations at the museum.
- We have removed several points of contact in the museum.
- We prefer the use of contactless payment in the museum store.
Do you have questions during your visit? Please get in touch with one of our museum hosts dressed in yellow jerseys.
Zoological and geological exhibitions:
Ascencion day May 21st: 10–17
The Palm House and Victoria House:
The Climate House: